Homemade gifts with a sprinkle of fun
As the holidays approach, your kids may be looking for gifts to give friends and family. We know it can be hard to buy presents for everyone — and sometimes a homemade gift means much more. We put together our top three ideas for homemade presents!
Homemade snow globe
- Start with a baby food jar (Make sure it has been cleaned out and the label has been removed).
- Glue a winter-themed item to the inside of the lid. This could be a foam star, a tree or a small ornament.
- Fill the jar with water and about one teaspoon of glitter, whatever color you choose.
- Glue the lid shut and let it dry for approximately two hours.
- Once the glue has dried, shake the jar and enjoy the snow globe.
Puzzle picture frame.
- Start with plain puzzle pieces (you can buy these or used the back of old puzzles that you have laying around).
- Pick out your favorite paint colors.
- Paint your puzzle pieces.
- Allow them to dry (the time will depend on the type of paint you use).
- Create a frame out of popsicles sticks.
- Glue your puzzle pieces on the popsicle sticks.
- Insert your favorite holiday picture!
- Using construction paper, trace your footprint vertically (toes toward the top of your paper, heel toward the bottom) for the reindeer head.
- Trace two hand prints for the antlers.
- Glue the pieces together.
- Add some googly eyes and a button for the nose.
- Go crazy coloring or painting the rest of your reindeer.
What are some of your favorite holiday crafts and activities?