CDC Recommendations for the Coronavirus
Everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat:
- It’s currently flu and respiratory disease season and CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a healthcare facility).
- For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website
Columbia’s Friendliest And Most Convenient Hometown Pharmacy
The D&H family includes professional, experienced pharmacists and knowledgeable associates - all ready to serve your needs with a smile. With locations on West Broadway and Paris Road, we’ve been serving Mid-Missouri since 1956.
Everyone is helpful. I do most of my shopping here.